Thanks to the release of Sainthood this year and the special place Tegan and Sara's second album - If It Was You - holds on my top 5 albums, Tegan and Sara are the number one listened to band by me this year.
“When she stopped, [Tegan] was like, ‘That was really amazing, Sara. Did you write that today?’ And she was like, ‘Ah, that was Leonard Cohen.’ I was like, ‘Oh… Okay, so we still aren’t that good.’ ”
But they were good enough to write some pretty sweet indie-pop ditties of their own, including “Don’t Rush”, an insanely catchy and urgent synth-pop warning to slow down.
The top ten most listened to bands/artists by me in 2009
- Tegan and Sara continued to be my favorite band in 2009.
- An Horse released their first album in 2009 - the amazing Rearrange Beds.
- Metric released probably their best album to date Fantasies this year.
- The Jealous Girlfriends did nothing exciting in 2009, but Holly Miranda did. See below.
- Ryan Adams married Mandy Moore and continued to be my first choice for alt-country for the past 12 months.
- Ani Difranco released an album I didn't really listen to this year, but she has a gazillion other albums I love.
- The National continued to be cool in 2009.
- Whiskeytown have been defunct for a long time, but like former bandmate, Ryan Adams, they continue to be a go to listening choice.
- Sick of Sarah are another new entry to my music library this year.
- Holly Miranda broke up with The Jealous Girfriends and released an EP and promoted her full length which hasn't been released yet.
list compiled from last.fm music profile